2011年10月4日星期二

The boy in the moncler jacket

During my time with the boy, we began the dance of getting to know one another. He was uncertain at first and slow to engage. As I began to open up to him, he too slowly began to open up to me. I remember how particularly excited he was with a squeaky rubber chicken that I had with me. I also remember thinking it was funny when he started to gesture to the staff member to ‘go away’. I remember then also thinking that, if I was kept in a straight-jacket all day with an absence of any physical touch and movement, those would be the two very things I would long for most. And so we began to move, moncler branson wholesaledance and sing together. For over half an hour we danced the dance of connection until he finally curled into my arms as I held him close.
The whole time all this was happening, I remember noticing the staff member, who was still close by, slowly beginning to change in her body language from rigidity to softness. Not once during my engagement with this boy had he hit me or himself. As the boy was in my arms, I heard this staff member say something to the translator. I immediately asked the translator, ‘What did she say?’, and was told, ‘She has just said that, this is the moncler down jacket storeshe has ever seen this boy’.
I remember feeling overwhelmed with emotion at this point. I wondered whether through our connection we were able to show this staff member the possibility of love, hope and understanding. I held him even closer and whispered, ‘Yellow Blue Bus, Yellow Blue Bus, Yellow Blue Bus’ which translated from Russian means ‘I Love You, I Love You, I Love You’, moncler coats wholesale as a tear rolled down my cheek. As I said those words, I could feel him return them to me, not through words but through his very being. It was one of the highest experiences of love I have ever felt. So unconditional and so pure.
As the clowns were given the cue that it was our time to leave the orphanage, I left with the boy my squeaky rubber chicken, which I had carried with me all through our two-week journey. It was a gentle and bittersweet goodbye. Before I left the room, I went up to the staff member and gave her a big hug and said, ‘Yellow Blue Bus’, to which she smiled and returned that all too familiar ‘you are a crazy foreign clown’ look, but this time with so much more kindness and joy. I turned away and, moncler outerwear discount as I headed to the front door, my fart machine went off to roaring laughter from the children and staff in the room.

没有评论:

发表评论