2011年10月4日星期二

BOWHUNTING AND THE JACKET

Let’s go back now quite a many moons (about 26 years) for this hunting tail. My story takes place during late in the season of bow hunting, right around the beginning of November. I was just in my third year of being legal in attempting to take one of Michigan’s whitetails with my trusty bow and arrow. Before my dad and I headed up to our sacred hunting grounds, my mother came home from shopping, where she had bought me this brand new blue winter jacket. The last words from my mom was “don’t mess up that moncler jackets wholesale ” (more on that later). As we arrived on Friday during the mid afternoon, we meet up with my aunt and uncle at our sacred hunting grounds in Newaygo County. We hurried up and all of us got ready and headed out to either our tree stands or ground blinds for the evening hunt As the cold November winter winds howled and the coldness pierced the air, I was glad that I had my new moncler jackets on under my hunting outfit. About a half hour before dark, my dad whistled to get my attention, (that was how we communicated in the field-no hand held 2-way radio’s). As I worked my way over to my dad’s tree stand, he was marking the beginning of a blood trail from a whitetail buck he got a shot. He then mentioned “we will head back and get the mantle/camping lights to aid us in our tracking this blood trail”.
As we headed out into the dark through the swamp and hills, my aunt and I took one light and we headed out. As we were tracking the deer, the blood trail would disappear, then in distant glow of the light we would find it again. I was the light keeper for us as we were tracking. That is important. You will find out why later. About 40 minutes into this challenging feat, my aunt and I could smell something burning. But we just moncler clothing outlet was getting weaker and weaker, but, we kept pushing on still smelling that stinky burning smell. We kept wondering what the smell was from, but, I wasn’t too worried because I was preoccupied and I wanted to prove to my peers that I had the skills to find and follow this blood trail. I was sort of wondering what he was talking about when I looked down. Do you remember that stinky burning smell
that my aunt and I kept smelling? Well it was my brand new jacket. It must have hit the top of the mantle/camping light. Not once or twice, but quite a few times. The front of my cheap hardy moncler jacket was blue, with a lot of white (stuffing) coming from the many melted burn holes that took over the front of the jacket.
Well at least we now could say that we had answered big question, what was burning. But now we had another situation on our hands, as those famous last words from my lovely mother echoed through my ears, and most likely through my dad’s ears also, “Don’t mess up that new jacket!”
As this weekend wrapped up there were actually two kills, my new coat and a nice whitetail buck. However, there could have easily been another one or two added to that list, as mom wasn’t really pleased about my new jacket. Well I did end up with another new jacket, but that one never went out hunting.

没有评论:

发表评论